- High-quality care
- Close cooperation with various specialities
- All modern diagnostic and therapeutic options
The Maria Middelares Heart Centre of Ghent was founded in 1992 and grew into a department where all cardiac subspecialities are represented. The Heart Centre offers high-quality medical care in close cooperation with the Cardiac Surgery Department, the Anaesthesiology Department and other regional cardiac groups. It is essential to communicate frequently and to work well together in order to offer high-quality treatment.
At this time, there are all sorts of modern diagnostic and therapeutic options available at our centre.
Given the numerous referrals made to the Maria Middelares Heart Centre of Ghent, the physicians are experienced in performing technical procedures. The large numbers of complex procedures guarantee optimum quality. More than 200 cardiac catheterisations, 600 heart operations and 250 pacemaker and defibrillator implants are performed annually.
The Maria Middelares Heart Centre not only provides excellent care, it is also involved in:
- teaching and training cardiology assistant physicians and rehabilitation physicians,
- scientific research,
- sharing information and expertise with referring physicians and GPs by holding symposia and continuing education,
- the GP who plays an important role in the patient's treatment is actively involved in the care trajectory.