School or company visit?
No tours are currently being organised.
Interested in finding out how a hospital operates?
You can request a tour of Maria Middelares General Hospital to gain a unique behind-the-screens view of the hospital.
During the tour, children will learn about the hospital as a kind of ‘village’. They will also discover the many professions that work together as one large team. This means not just the physicians and nurses, but also the chef, the cleaners, the electricians, etc.
Class visits are open to students from the third year (8-9 years old) upwards. We adjust the programme to the age and interests of the group. Each class will receive an educational folder for further work at school.
Tours start at 1.30pm and last approximately 1.5 hours.
Groups (adults)Groups (adults)
Tours last 2 hours and always include the following:
- a warm welcome with refreshments
- a visit to several medical-technical departments and/or care wards
- or a visit to the care wards
If desired, we will adjust the programme to the group’s interests.
Practical informationPractical information
- We do not conduct tours in December, July or August.
- The number of visits is limited. Make sure you book in time: at least two months and up to six months in advance.
- The number of participants per group is a minimum of ten and maximum of 30 people.
- During our tours, we respect the privacy of our patients. This means that a planned visit to a ward may be cancelled at the last minute.