Internship opportunity and application
As a student, internships bring you into contact with professional life early on. You get a taste of the daily reality of the job and you have the opportunity to learn specific skills and attitudes.
Maria Middelares General Hospital has many internship opportunities available in various departments for people from different backgrounds.
Every year, we offer some 900 traineeships for nurses, paramedics, trainee physicians, logistics and support staff, etc. To this end, our hospital has internship agreements with various universities, colleges and secondary schools.
Due to the numerous regular internship applications related to vocational training, the hospital does not offer opportunities for social work placements and reflection days.
Every year we offer no less than 900 internship placements
Internship tracks (video)
You can complete an internship at several departments of our hospital. See below for videos in which our Head nurses introduce you to their departments.
- Internship track A002 – Dialysis
- Internship track A301 – Psychiatric Department (PAAZ)
- Internship track C103 – Surgical Department
- Internship track C113 – Recovery
- Internship track E103 – Cardiac Cath Lab
- Internship track D301 - Non-plannable Care
- Internship track D302 - Pneumology and Neurology
- Internship track D303 - Neurosurgery and Ophthamology
- Internship track D401 – Abdominal Surgery
- Internship track D402 - Cardiac, Thoracic-Vascular, Plastic Surgery
- Internship track D501 – Orthopaedics
- Internship track D503 – Gastroenterology
- Internship track Integrated Cancer Centre in Ghent
- Internship track E104 – Intensive Care
Check first with your university/school if there is an agreement with our hospital. If there is a cooperation agreement, the internship application will be made by the education institute concerned. If there is no cooperation agreement, you must apply for your internship using the application form below.
This form is only available in Dutch.