You can visit us for a consultation at one of the six locations of our Heart Centre.
Please check in before your arrival at the Cardiology Department:
- Maria Middelares General Hospital: use your identity card to check in at the e-kiosk
- Maria Middelares Medical Centre of Ghent-Bruges: use your identity card to check in at the e-kiosk
- StVincent General Hospital in Deinze: use your identity card to check in at the e-kiosk
- Ghent Outpatients Clinic
- Evergem Outpatients Clinic
- Merelbeke Outpatients Clinic
What you need to bring:
- identity card
- GP referral letter (if applicable)
- medication sheet: list all the medication you currently take, including the drug name and the daily dose. You may use the form below for this. Feel free to take a photo of the packaging with your phone.
Course of the consultation
For your comfort, we will try to schedule various tests during the consultation.
A consultation usually contains the following:
- a conversation about the symptoms
- making note of your medication used at home
- clinical tests
- stress test (exercise test)
Prepare your conversation with the physician: write down your questions in advance and make sure to check, during the consultation, what the dose is of the prescribed medications, how you should take them and how long for.
The cardiologist may decide that more extensive tests are necessary. This will be discussed with you during the consultation. You can schedule appointments for these tests with the secretarial staff after the consultation.
For consultations at Maria Middelares General Hospital or the Maria Middelares Medical Centre, you will receive an invoice from the hospital. This will usually take one to two months after your appointment. Read more about this invoice here.
If you visit one of our outpatient clinics at another location for a consultation, then you can pay using Bancontact at the secretariat.