Please check in before your arrival at the Nephrology Department.
- Maria Middelares General Hospital: use your identity card to check in at the e-kiosk
- Maria Middelares Medical Centre of Ghent-Bruges: use your identity card to check in at the e-kiosk
- St Vincent General Hospital in Deinze: use your identity card to check in at the e-kiosk
- Jan Palfijn General Hospital
What you need to bring:
- identity card
- GP referral letter (if applicable)
- medication sheet: list all the medication you currently take, including the drug name and the daily dose. You may use the form below for this. Feel free to take a photo of the packaging with your phone.
You will receive an invoice from the hospital for any consultations. This will usually take one to two months after your appointment. Read more about this invoice here.
If, after the consultation and any further examinations, it appears that a hospital admission is necessary, a suitable schedule will be drawn up together with the secretarial assistant.
Vzw Scharnier (non-profit organisation)
Vzw Scharnier (non-profit organisation) is an organisation for kidney patients that is linked to the Dialysis Department at
Maria Middelares General Hospital. For more information, refer to the patient support organisation or on the
website of vzw Scharnier.
Flemish Association of Nephrology Dietitians
If you would like more information about dietary advice for kidney patients, please visit vlaamsenefrologischedietisten.be.
Welcome leaflet: What if the kidneys no longer function?