Patients who wish to do so can participate in a clinical study. Here is a list of the current studies :
- SHR-1210-III-310 (Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine): a randomized, open-label, international, multicenter, phase 3 clinical trial with PD-1 antibody SHR-1210 plus apatinib mesylate versus sorafenib as a 1st-line treatment for patients with advanced liver cancer (HCC) who have not previously received systemic treatment.
- Tiger-PAC (RenovoRX): Targeted intra-arterial gemcitabine vs. continuous therapy of IV gemcitabine plus abraxane, post induction therapy with sequential IV gemcitabine plus abraxane and radiotherapy for non-resectable locally advanced pancreatic cancer.
- ASPIRIN: Phase III double-blinded, placebo-controlled randomised clinical trial to assess the effect of low-dose aspirin on relapse and survival in colorectal cancer patients.
- Spotlight (ASTELLAS): Phase III, global, multi-centre, double-blind, randomised, efficacy study of zolbetuximab (IMAB362) plus mFOLFOX6 compared to placebo plus mFOLFOX6 as 1steline treatment in patients with claudin (CLDN)18.2 positive, HER2-negative, locally advanced non-resectable or metastatic gastric or junction adenocarcinoma.
- LEAD-IN Folicolor trial (UZA): Detection of progressive disease in metastatic colorectal cancer patients by NPY methylation in liquid biopsies.
- BERGAMOT: A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multi-centre phase III study to assess whether etrolizumab is a safe and efficacious treatment for participants with moderately to severely active Crohn's Disease.
- Rescue: Loss of response to ustekinumab treated with dose escalation.
Gastroparesis(more formation with Prof. Dr P Dewint)
- BOTOMY study: Endoscopic treatment in therapy refractory gastroparesis.
Scientific research is indispensable for the advancement of science. By participating in clinical studies, we are able to expand current treatment options and provided patients with access to the very latest treatments.
Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) (more information with Prof. Dr C Van Steenkiste)
- Aurora: A multi-centre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 3 study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of cenicriviroc for the treatment of liver fibrosis in adult test subjects with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- MADRIGAL: A phase III, multinational, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled study of MGL-3196 (resmetirom) in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and fibrosis to eliminate NASH and limit progression to cirrhosis and/or liver compensation.
- Enyo: A multi-centre, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase IIa study to determine the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics and efficacy of EYP001a in patients with non-alcoholic-steatohepatitis (NASH)
Alcoholic hepatitis (more information with Prof. Dr C Van Steenkiste)
- Cortisave: Evaluation of the efficacy of corticosteroids in the treatment of alcoholic hepatitis in spontaneous improvement.
Primary sclerosing cholangitis (more information with Prof. Dr C Van Steenkiste)
- PRIMIS: Phase 3, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluating the safety and efficacy of GS-9674 in individuals with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC).
Clostridium difficile infection (more information with Prof. Dr C Van Steenkiste)
- Ri-CoDIFy: A Phase 3, randomised, double-blind, active controlled study to compare the efficacy and safety of ridinilazole (200 mg, bid) for 10 Days with vancomycin (125 mg, qid) for 10 days in the treatment of Clostridium Difficile Infection (CDI)
Non-Helicobacter pylori helicobacters (NHPH) (more info at Prof. Dr C Van Steenkiste)
- Evaluation of the prevalence and role of non-Helicobacter pylori helicobacteria (NHPH) in defined risk populations.
Participation in these studies is on a voluntary basis and written consent is required. You are free to stop with them whenever you want, without this affecting further treatment and the relationship with your physician.