Patients who wish to do so can participate in a clinical study. Here is a list of the current studies :
- Tiger-PAC (RenovoRX): Targeted intra-arterial gemcitabine vs. continuous therapy of IV gemcitabine plus abraxane, post-induction therapy with sequential IV gemcitabine plus abraxane and radiotherapy for non-resectable locally advanced pancreatic cancer.
- ASPIRIN: Phase III double-blinded, placebo-controlled randomised clinical trial to assess the effect of low-dose aspirin on relapse and survival in colorectal cancer patients.
- Spotlight (ASTELLAS): Phase III, global, multi-centre, double-blind, randomised, efficacy study of zolbetuximab (IMAB362) plus mFOLFOX6 compared to placebo plus mFOLFOX6 as 1steline treatment in patients with claudin (CLDN)18.2 positive, HER2-negative, locally advanced non-resectable or metastatic gastric or junction adenocarcinoma.
- LEAD-IN Folicolor trial (UZA): Detection of progressive disease in metastatic colorectal cancer patients by NPY methylation in liquid biopsies.
- CA209-74W (BMS) A randomised, multicentric, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 study of Nivolumab and Ipilimumab, Nivolumab as monotherapy or placebo in combination with transarterial chemoembolisation (TACE) in patient with intermediate stage hepatocellular carcinomas (HCC).
- CA209-9DW (BMS): A randomised, multicentric, phase 3 study of Nivolumab in combination with Ipilimumab compared to Sorafenib or Lenvatinib as first-line treatment in participants with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Rescue: Loss of response to Ustekinumab treated with dose escalation.
- LATTICE (BMS): A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase II study on the safety and efficacy of BMS-986165 in test subjects with moderate-to-severe Crohn's disease.
- Sequence M20-259 (Abbvie): A phase 3, multicentric, randomised, efficacy assessor-blinded study of Risankizumab compared to Ustekinumab for the treatment of adult subjects tith moderate to severe Crohn’s Disease who have failed anti-TNF therapy.
- QUASAR (Janssen-Cilg): A multicentric, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase IIb/III study with parallel groups to evaluate the efficacy and safety of Guselkumab in participants with moderate-to-severe active ulcerative colitis.
- Instruct-UC (Eli Lilly): An adaptive phase 2, randomised, double blind, placebo controlled study of LY3471851 (NKTR 358) in patients with moderately to severely active Ulcerative Colitis
Endoscopic treatments (more formation with Prof. Dr P Dewint)
- BOTOMY study: Endoscopic treatment in therapy refractory gastroparesis.
- PURASTAT duodenum (UZ Leuven): Study to evaluate effectiveness of PuraState in the prevention of delayed bleeding after EMR of non-ampulary duodenal lesions.
Scientific research is indispensable for the advancement of science. By participating in clinical studies, we are able to expand current treatment options and provided patients with access to the very latest treatments.
Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) (more information with Prof Dr C Van Steenkiste)
- MGL-3196-11 (MADRIGAL): A phase III, multinational, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled study of MGL-3196 (resmetirom) in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and fibrosis to eliminate NASH and limit progression to cirrhosis and/or liver compensation.
- ESSENCE / NN9931-4553 (Novo Nordisk): The effect of semaglutide on test subjects with non-cirrhotic, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
- GT-031 (Galectin): Study evaluating efficacy and safety of Belapectine (GR-MD-02) for the prevention of oesophagal varicoses in NASH cirrhosis.
- 1404-0043 (Boehringer Ingelheim): Multicentric, double-blind, parallel-group, randomised, 48 weeks, dose-ranging, placebo-controlled phase II trial to evaluate efficacy, safety and tolerability of multiple subcutaneous doses of BI 456906 in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and fibrosis
Alcoholic hepatitis (more information with Prof. Dr C Van Steenkiste)
- Cortisave: Evaluation of the efficacy of corticosteroids in the treatment of alcoholic hepatitis in spontaneous improvement.
Primary sclerosing cholangitis (more information from Prof. Dr C Van Steenkiste)
- PRIMIS (Gilead): Phase 3, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluating the safety and efficacy of GS-9674 in individuals with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC).
Clostridium difficile infection (more information from Prof. Dr C Van Steenkiste)
- Ri-CoDIFy (Summit): A Phase 3, randomised, double-blind, active controlled study to compare the efficacy and safety of ridinilazole (200 mg, bid) for ten days with vancomycin (125 mg, qid) for ten days in the treatment of Clostridium Difficile Infection (CDI)
Non-Helicobacter pylori helicobacters (NHPH) (more info from Prof. Dr C Van Steenkiste)
- Evaluation of the prevalence and role of non-Helicobacter pylori helicobacteria (NHPH) in defined risk populations.
Participation in these studies is on a voluntary basis and written consent is required. You are free to stop with them whenever you want, without this affecting further treatment and the relationship with your physician.