This information is provided for physicians and care providers.
Our main tasks include:
- Tissue examination
- Active participation in MOC meetings. MOC stands for Multidisciplinary (i.e. several disciplines together) Oncological Committee. At these MOCs, we discuss the patients with tumours together with other departments.
- Collaboration with laboratories for molecular diagnostics and the genetics department:
- FISH analysis (e.g. HER2/Neu; haematological malignancies).
- Microsatellite instability in tumor to the colon.
- k-RAS mutation analysis.
- EGFR determination in colon and lung tumours.
- Molecular pathological exam.
- Immunofluorescence and electron microscopy kidney biopsies.
- PCR HPV determination in cervicovaginal smears.
Laboratory guideLaboratory guide
You can consult the Anatomopathology Department's laboratory guide here.