Tests and treatments
Exercises - neck
- Do these exercises as tolerated within your pain threshold. You may be able to make small movements without feeling pain. After several repetitions, you will feel more relaxed and will be able to move more.
- Do each exercise 30 times at a relaxed pace.
- Keep breathing calmly and relax.
Turning the head
Rolling the shoulders
Complete each exercise in three sets of ten repetitions.
- Each exercise should be performed without it causing pain.
- Keep your back in a neutral position, unless you have been told that your pelvis should tilt.
- Tighten your core abdominal muscles before you perform each exercise. Relax these muscles only after you have finished the exercise.
Head nod (correct position of the neck)
Hoofd draaien in handen-knieën stand
General stretching exercises
- 3x20sec aanhouden, niet veren
- Blijf rustig ademhalen en ontspan
- Het is de bedoeling dat je spieren rekken, maar je mag geen pijn voelen.
- Houd je rug in neutrale houding
Schouderbladhefspier (Levator Scapulae)
Latest publication date: 05/02/2021