Conditions and diseases
Symptoms and causesSymptoms and causes
Pollen is very small and can pass through mosquito screens.
During which period can you expect to have problems?
- February-March-April: tree pollen
- May-June: grass pollen
- June-July-August: weed pollen
If you are allergic to tree pollen, you can also develop cross-allergies to pome fruits (apple, pear, plum...).
Diagnosis and treatmentDiagnosis and treatment
- During the pollen season, only open your bedroom window in the morning and evening.
- Preferably go on holiday to the sea or the mountains, where there is less pollen.
- Keep the windows of your vehicle closed.
- Some professions lead to more problems. E.g.: being a gardener, if you are allergic to pollen.
- See the pollen calendar here.
Treatment centres and specialisationsTreatment centres and specialisations
Latest publication date: 14/12/2022
Supervising author: Dr Lamont Jan