Conditions and diseases
Symptoms and causesSymptoms and causes
What is it?
Listeriosis is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes. The consequences of a Listeria infection during pregnancy can be serious for the foetus.
Preventative measuresPreventative measures
- Do not eat dairy products based on unpasteurised (raw) milk, such as soft cheeses.
- Beware of pre-packaged smoked fish
- Keep refrigerated products for as short a time as possible and respect the best-before date, such as for ready meals.
- Heat your food sufficiently by cooking or baking it.
- The Listeria bacterium cannot survive temperatures above 70°C.
Treatment centres and specialisationsTreatment centres and specialisations
Latest publication date: 10/10/2023