Roadworks to impact hospital accessibility
Roadworks around Maria Middelares General HospitalRoadworks around Maria Middelares General Hospital
Starting 01 September 2022, roadworks will be conducted in the area around our hospital. This will impact access to the hospital by (motor)bike, car or public transportation.
For more details regarding the phasing of the roadworks:
Impact on car, (motor)bike and pedestriansImpact on car, (motor)bike and pedestrians
- Depending on where the roadworks are happening, there may be a detour for motorised traffic.
- If you are riding a (motor)bike, you may have to follow a temporary detour. This will always be clearly indicated on the grounds.
- The pedestrian paths will remain accessible.
- UPDATE (14/10/2022): it is currently not possible to turn off from Kortrijkse Steenweg to Polish Winglaan. You can, however, follow the detour and turn onto the Kortrijkse Steenweg into Putkapelstraat. Follow the arrows via the Derbystraat and you will arrive at the Polish Winglaan.
Impact on public transportationImpact on public transportation
- Tram 1 does NOT go to Flanders Expo: the Maria Middelares-Malte tram stop will not be served. From the Ghent Sint-Pieters Station, tram 1 will continue on to Ghent University Hospital (final stop).
- To visit the hospital, you can catch the bus lines 76/77/78 at the Ghent-Sint-Pieters Station. These stop at the (temporary) stops on the Kortrijksesteenweg, right next to the regular tram/bus platforms 'Ghent Maria Middelares – Maalte'.
- The bus service on the route between Gent Sint-Pieters and Flanders Expo will be supplemented on school days: during peak hours shuttle buses will be used on line 76 .
- For those travelling from the hospital to Flanders Expo: until 11/10, extra bus lines 76, 77, 78 and N76 will not run via Derbystraat and Hélène Dutrieulaan. During this period, the closest stop to/from Flanders Expo is the (temporary) Maria Middelares Maalte bus stop on the Kortrijksesteenweg.
More information is provided in the document below.