Ghent-Bruges Medical Centre
- Monday to Friday from 7.30am to 6.30pm
- Closed Saturdays, Sundays and on public holidays.
The Maria Middelares Medical Centre has an outpatients clinic, where you will find nearly all specialist medical areas represented. There is also an artificial kidney department (low care) and a radiology department.
Note: there is no emergency service at this site.
Do you have an appointment at Maria Middelares Medical Centre? Our medical centre can be accessed easily by public transport or by car. Map your route here.
Book an appointment?Book an appointment?
Would you like to know which of our physicians work in Ghent-Brugges? You can filter by location on our physician page. Then you can make your appointment.
By (motor)bikeBy (motor)bike
There is free bicycle storage for visitors close to the entrance of the medical centre.
By public transportBy public transport
Take the train to Ghent-Sint-Pieters station. From here, you can take a train to Ghent-Dampoort or use a bus or tram.
Bus or tram from Ghent-Sint-Pieters station
The following routes connect Ghent-Sint-Pieters with our medical centre.
- Bus No. 9 to the Meersemdries stop, followed by a ten minute walk.
- Bus Nos. 34, 35, 72, 77 and 78 to the Ghent Veemarkt stop. Change here to bus No. 3, which will take you to the Tweekapellenstraat stop.
- Tram No. 2 to the Stelplaats Gentbrugge, followed by a ten minute walk.
Bus or tram from Ghent-Dampoort station
The following route will take you from Ghent-Dampoort to our medical centre.
- Take bus No. 3 towards Gentbrugge Braemkasteel (platform 13) to the Gentbrugge Tweekapellenstraat stop. This stop is six stops after you get on the bus.
- From the Tweekapellenstraat it is a 95-metre walk to the medical centre, which is located on the Kliniekstraat.
By carBy car
From the E17 motorway, take exit 10 (Gentbrugge).
- Cross the Brusselsesteenweg and continue in the direction of Ghent.
- At the first traffic lights, follow the 'Medisch Centrum' signposts.
Take a ticket at the barrier when you enter the car park.
Reserved parking spaces
There are several parking zones close to the entrance that are reserved for specific groups such as patients/visitors with disabilities, dialysis patients and senior citizens. Please respect the reserved parking spaces.
Are you being dropped off? You can be dropped off by car near the entrance and may use the kiss-and-ride parking spaces (max. 15 minutes parking). You can also park here to validate your parking ticket, if you have not done so yet.
Do you need a wheelchair?
You will find wheelchairs in the hospital entrance hall.
The wheelchairs are connected to each other by a chain. You can release one with a one euro coin.
How much does parking cost?
When you leave the hospital building, you must validate your ticket at the payment terminal. There is one payment terminal near the main entrance, where you can only pay cash. You can pay using bancontact at the reception, if necessary. After validation, you have 15 minutes to leave the premises.
Opening hours of the payment terminal
- Monday to Friday: 7.30am to 6.30pm
- You cannot validate your parking ticket during the hours that the Maria Middelares Ghent-Bruges Medical Centre is closed.
|0 to 30 minutes||You do not have to validate your ticket, parking is free of charge. Just hand it in when you leave.|
|From 30 minutes to 1 hour||€2.50|
|From 1 to 2 hours||€4.00|
|From 2 hours to 3 hours||€5.00|
|From 3 hours to 4 hours||€6.00|
|From 4 hours to 5 hours||€7.00|
|From 5 hours to 6 hours||€8.00|
|From 6 hours to 7 hours||€9.00|
Things to think aboutThings to think about
- When you leave the car, make sure that the windows and doors are closed, that no valuables are left in the vehicle and that you have taken your parking ticket along with you for validation after your admission or consultation.
- Maria Middelares General Hospital cannot be held liable for accidents, theft, damage to vehicles or third parties.
- If you cause or notice damage to the infrastructure, we ask you to report this to the information point in the entrance hall of the hospital.