Tests and treatments
Would you like to have a coronavirus test?
Do you need proof of a negative coronavirus test?
- for an operation
- high-risk contact (coronavirus test prescription code or CTPC code using contact tracing)
- travelling abroad (CTPC code using www.mijngezondheid.be)
- returning from abroad (CTPC code using the Passenger Locator Form)
(Click on the ‘+’ below for more information)
Which tests do we offer?
PCR test: stands for polymerase chain reaction test. Using a nasal swab, colleagues test in the lab whether you are currently infected with the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). You will receive either a negative or positive result.
When can you visit us for a coronavirus test?
- If you will be undergoing a procedure:
Our staff will contact you.
- If you are leaving on a trip:
- If you had a high-risk exposure (without symptoms):
You will receive a text with a CTPC code using contact tracing. You can schedule your appointment online yourself. Bring the code with you. It is necessary to perform the test.
- If you are returning from a trip abroad:
you will receive a text with a CTPC code if the Passenger Locator Form shows that you have had a high-risk exposure. You can schedule your appointment online yourself. Bring the code with you. It is needed in order to perform the test.
If you are feeling unwell or if you are in quarantine:
First call your GP.
If your GP thinks you may have COVID-19, she or he will perform a test or refer you to a triage centre in the neighbourhood.
Make your appointment
- Do several members of your family need to be tested
Schedule a separate appointment for each family member.
- Schedule your test in a timely fashion, especially if it is for travel
(we recommend that you schedule it for 24 - 48 hours before your departure).
- If you are feeling unwell or if you are in quarantine:
First call your GP.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Electronic identification card
- A bank card, if applicable (see: How much does a test cost?)
- Coronavirus test prescription code, if applicable.
This code is required for administering a test in the case of a high-risk exposure (without symptoms) or when returning from foreign travel. For non-Belgians, a CTPC code is required.
- A surgical mask that covers your mouth and nose is required
How do I check in?
- Location: Maria Middelares General Hospital, Buitenring Sint-Denijs 30, 9000 Ghent
(Note: No tests are performed at the Maria Middelares Medical Centre in Ghent-Brugges).
- Come in through the main entrance.
- Please check in with your electronic identification card at the e-kiosk in the atrium. Select for a ‘coronavirus test’.
- Take a seat in the waiting room of the screening site at gate C and wait to be called.
How much does a test cost?
- Testing is reimbursed when administered after a person has a high-risk exposure, a medical procedure or is returning from a red zone.
- A non-essential coronavirus test (e.g. for travel or cultural events) costs €55.00. This includes the cost of the test and administrative processing. In these cases, there is no reimbursement by the health insurance.
- If you have a Belgian national register number, you will receive an invoice. If not, you will pay the hospital by bancontact, debit or credit card.
How do you find out your test result?
- The result from your coronavirus test will be posted to your online medical record on www.cozo.be within 24 hours*, and can be viewed through the CovidSafeApp and www.mijngezondheid.be.
Exception: as of 1 July, non-Belgians will get their result on www.mijngezondheid.be after submitting their CTPC code and the last four numbers of their registered mobile number.
- If the testing is for international traveling purposes, you will receive an English-language certificate by e-mail.
- We will make every effort to have your test result available within 24. This is not binding. Delays are possible in exceptional cases, and another sample may be required if there are technical or analytical problems. In this case, you may not submit any claim of damages.
Latest publication date: 02/11/2021