Every birth must be registered within fifteen days of giving birth. Registration must always be done by the legal father and/or the legal mother.
You will be given the necessary forms at the Maternity Unit, which you can then submit digitally to the city of Ghent.
- You can, of course, also choose to register your baby at the Ghent City Council Register Office (administrative centre South):
- Monday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm and from 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday evening from 4.30pm to 7pm
- Thursday: closed
- Saturday from 9am to 12.30pm
An appointment is required. This can be done in the following ways:
- Click here to go directly to the page to book an appointment.
- Go to www.stad.gent and search for ‘birth registration’.
- Telephone Gentinfo service centre: +32 (0)9 210 10 10.