Every birth must be registered within 15 days of giving birth. Registration must always be done by the legal father and/or the legal mother.
- You can register your baby at your leisure in our hospital. This will save you a trip to a register office. A Ghent City Council employee is present every Tuesday and Friday morning from 9am to 12.30pm.
- You can of course also choose to register your baby at the Ghent City Council Register Office (administrative centre South):
- Monday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm and from 2pm to 4pm
- Tuesday evening from 4.30pm to 7pm
- Thursday: closed
- Saturday from 9am to 12.30pm
An appointment is required. This can be done in the following ways: