The COVID-19 pandemic means that everybody, and especially kidney patients, has a few extra things to keep in mind. We have listed these for you below. In this way, we work to achieve a safe home and hospital environment.
Things to keep in mind at home
1. Always maintain sufficient distance (1.5 m) and avoid contact with others.
- Avoid non-essential trips on public transport.
- Do your shopping outside peak times.
2. Regularly check your temperature.
- If your temperature is higher than 37.5°C and/or you have symptoms, you must contact your dialysis centre to make specific arrangements for your next dialysis procedure.
- You can telephone us on +32 9 246 95 50 or +32 9 246 88 00.
3. Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Use a disposable tissue for this and immediately throw it in a bin.
4. Touch your mask as little as possible, and only by holding the elastic loops.
5. Regularly wash your hands with soap and water.
Things to keep in mind regarding dialysis transport
- Wash and sanitise your hands before getting into the car.
- Always wear a mask covering your nose and mouth during transport. When used correctly, the mask always covers both your nose and your mouth.
- Is somebody wearing their mask incorrectly? Do feel that you can challenge them on this.
- Keep your personal belongings (e.g. hand bag) on your lap.
- Touch as little as possible inside the car.
Download the leaflet below about the correct use of masks.
Things to keep in mind at the hospital
- Always wear a correct mask covering nose and mouth when in the hospital.
- Wash and sanitise your hands before and after each visit to our hospital.
- Always maintain sufficient distance (1.5 m) in the waiting room and on the ward.
- Upon arrival in the Dialysis Ward, replace your mask and then wash your hands.
- Report any symptoms while the dialysis staff checks your temperature.
- Sanitise your hands again upon arrival at your dialysis area.
Patient questionnaire for the dialysis centre
Our hospital provides compassionate high-quality, safe care. We are continuously striving to further optimise our care. That is why we constantly ask our patients about their experiences and measure our results.
- Who: dialysis patients at Maria Middelares General Hospital
- What: a digital questionnaire (using the iPad) about your experience with the dialysis centre
- When: from 22 February 2021 - 5 March 2021
For more information, contact the the hospital's quality desk at